Today is Mothers Day and there was an article in the paper entitled "Happy Son's Day!". A mother expressed her love for her son who had died from cancer a few years ago. She expressed her feelings of gratitude for her son and how much joy and happiness her son gave her. Therefore, she thought Mother's Day should really be a "Happy Son's Day!"
Before adopting Ryder Mother's Day was always very emotional and hard for me. Rarely I even wanted to go to church that day just to be reminded that I was not a mother. However, after adopting Ryder Mothers Day is a day I will always cherish and remember the love Heavenly Father has for me because He answered my prayer of becoming a mother. How blessed I am to be a mother! How grateful I am to Ryder's birthmom who chose to give him so much more.
Ryder is 2 years and 3 months old and is everything to Owen and I. I now understand the love Heavenly Father has for each of us because of the love I have for Ryder.
I can't believe I haven't posted since last October. Ryder has reached so many milestones since then. He can say sentences and ask questions, he knows all the letters, colors, and shapes. We are still working on counting to ten...his counting goes 1, 2, 7, 8 (which makes us and everyone around us laugh in sacrament meeting when he counts anything and everything). When you ask him what his name is he responds with "Two!" and tries hard to hold up two fingers. When asked how old he is he responds with "Ryer"...still has a hard time with the "r" sound.
He is very bright. He has several hotwheel cars and definitely knows when one is missing! Cars or as he says "beep, beeps!" are still his favorite thing. He gives the sweetest hugs and kisses and makes Owen and I laugh and smile each and every day.
Happy Son's Day Ryder. I love you very much.
I am so grateful for the sealing ordinance. I am beyond grateful that we are sealed together as a family unit for time and all eternity.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Finally an update!! This was such a sweet post Camille :) Ryder is such a special boy and is so lucky to have you and Owen for his parents. I am glad you had a great Mother's Day! We miss you guys so much!
Cam- This was so cute! Tears, really! Anna
Hi guys.. what a sweet post. It's nice to hear something from you. Hope you are enjoying life... sounds like Ryder is growing up fast and is such a delight.. as are ours. Keep the updating! :) We are anxious to hear more.
Post a Comment