Monday, November 10, 2008

Introducing Simba...our newest addition

My BYU Accounting friends would remember how my graduation present was going to be a puppy, but then we moved to New York and our apartment building didn't allow pets. Well, almost 5 years later we get to add a puppy to our family. Owen, Ryder, and I love dogs and we can't help but feel more "complete" as a family with a dog.

We adopted a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Their origins come from Africa where they were trained to hunt lions. They are known to be great family dogs as well as protectors. We have had her for almost 2 weeks and she is very protective of Ryder. Of course Ryder can't stop smiling and is in heaven!

I feel like I have twins! Puppies are ALOT of work. The other day I was so frusterated because Ryder AND Simba were not listening to me. This is going to take some patience...but, I think it will all be worth it. At least it better be! :)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Big City Life! said...

Congratulations on the puppy! He is SO SO cute, and so is Ryder! I LOVE the hair picture! We miss you guys.

Alaska Roots said...

Simba is adorable AND she looks like Rylee... I can't wait to get them together one day! The picture of them running and Simba in mid-air is awesome, you can see those huge paws.